Friday, November 20, 2009

Maschger Musical Moment...

I have in my possession this arrangement for "Away in a Manger" that is written for an organ, a violin and a piano...all to accompany the congregation singing the hymn from the hymn book. Using our really cool digital piano, I recorded the actual hymn and saved it to disc. Then I can play the track on the piano and play the other parts along with the track...anyway, I am learning this piece, and so I am playing it VERY slowly! Maddie and Emma, being the performers they are, couldn't pass up an opportunity to improvise a concert for their Daddy (who happened to be home this morning!) Miles caught it on tape, and it is here for your viewing pleasure!

Maddie does a fine job of projecting her voice, and performs her piece with her whole soul! Emma, in a rare Emma moment, plays the timid and shy role, but her words (the few you can hear) are incredibly sweet and poignant!

Hope you enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox collage: Maschger Musical Moment
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox collage

7 comments:

Kaelynn said...

That was the cutest thing ever! You're girls are so musical and adorable! Isabelle and I both loved it.

We love and miss you!

Elena Harrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elena Harrison said...

WOW!!! Now I am totally exited for this girl to come and be born!! That was so stinkin cute it almost (almost) brought a tear to my eye. The girls are so talented!!! I absoutely LOVED the vibratto that they both have. They should both go on America's Got talent and sing their hearts out to America!!!

Love ya guys,
Michael, Elena, Brody, & baby

Monique said...

Can your family get any cuter?? Seriously. They are just amazing and think that they could be the next American Idol.

morgan and whitney. said...

umm, AMAZING. we have already watched it twice. sweet holiday treat.
loves.
nan and whitney.

Ariella said...

How did you keep a straight face through that whole performance!!! So awesome! Maddie is quite the star, isn't she. And Emma, so sweet. Both of them always make me smile. Thanks for sharing the video.

Merrin said...

I have the same question as Ariella...How in the world did you keep a straight face through all of that???