Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where, oh where...

has all my time gone?

Somehow...I have let an entirely too long time pass since my last post. My apologies...

I'd love to tell you that the lack of info was due to dull days with nothing lively and exciting to report...but we all know that life rarely deals us such days, much less weeks! :-) On the other hand, as I sit here and try to gather my thoughts, and remember the multiplicity of gems that occurred through the week that both Miles and I said, "That needs to go in the blog"...YEP...can't remember a single one! Could it be the onset of old age?

Ahhh, well...we'll just begin with today. We had an excellent Sabbath day...truly! As our ward is now on the 11:30 schedule, our Sunday mornings have slowed down, and that has been nice. While Miles still has meetings in the morning, he is able to get home most Sundays to help with the final dramatic rush for the door...which I REALLY appreciate! The girls behaved extremely well in Sacrament meeting, except for the minor fit Maddie threw when Mom went up to bear her testimony...other than that no problems. The last couple of Sundays have gone this way...and Miles and I have found ourselves having to actually listen to the speakers...this has taken some getting used to, but I believe we'll adjust eventually! :-)

Upon our arrival at home, Emma went straight to the couch and laid down...a bit unusual for our smallest one, but I chalked it up to a missed nap and carried her up to bed. About an hour later, I found her lying on her bed, wide awake...just staring at the ceiling. A quick hand to the forehead verified that our little Emma was running a fever...a pretty high one. Within an hour she'd downed two full glasses of water/juice, not strayed from her Mommy's lap, and asked no less than a dozen times to go back to bed. Needless to say, we had her in bed and asleep by 6:30...always hate it when my little ones are sick! Madelynn was extremely concerned about her little sister...and kept touching her forehead, and handing her the cup of juice. Maddie even...on her own...went upstairs and brought Emma her "Nana blanket"...which is Emma's special blanket. Our Maddie is such a big girl, and she is very in tune with the needs of others! Yesterday, I was putting up our groceries, and dropped a can on my finger...as I rocked back and forth in pain and agony...Maddie appeared at my side, "What is wrong Mommy?" I replied, through gritted teeth, "Nothing, Mommy is fine." Maddie says, ever so concerned, "Mommy, you are not fine. You are crying." Can't fool her! :-)

Anyway, here we are the end of the day with a crazy week ahead. Miles has taken some leave on Wednesday and Thursday...and we are looking forward to having him home. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to have another chest x-ray to verify that I have cleared out my lungs and am all better...and we have a TON of "spring" cleaning to do! We are in an extreme de-clutter mode these days, and we have learned to run with those moods because they don't come often enough. So, stay tuned!

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the pictures and video :-) Lots of love...

No comments: