Sunday, March 23, 2008

Is fashion sense genetic?



How I truly LOVE my beautiful children, and the many ways that they are discovering their presence in this world...that they are a unique entity. Our Emma has a VERY STRONG personality (not saying which side that came from) and she ALWAYS knows what is best for her! While this offers some challenges, I have chosen NOT to fight her in the arena of fashion. I try very hard not to impose on her budding sense of self...and the result is this enchanting ensemble. We have a dress that was several sizes too small, pants (Mom did interfere with the notion of running around half-naked!) tights, flip-flops and a winter coat...BACKWARDS! This fetching outfit turned many heads at the commissary, and drew more than a few chuckles. It took me a good 20 minutes to get into the commissary, because her flip-flops kept sliding off her stocking covered feet! Seriously....I LOVE my kids!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Supermodel Emma! She's gorgeous and oh-so-cute!

Unknown said...

So is Madelynn, by the way!

Lucy said...

Good for you, I'm right there with you... I love it that hallie will pick out the craziest combo. Why start the habit of having the cutest clothes that early!! We'll deal with it enough come middle school! :)