Thursday, March 13, 2008

O-R-E-O

In a wonderful development, Emma has decided that she is done with diapers this week (with a little encouragement from Mom!) I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am to be quickly approaching a time when I am diaper free...as diapers have been a part of my life for the last 4 1/2 years! To encourage our little Emma in her efforts, I took her to the commissary to pick out a treat...something we could reward her with each time she used the potty. I took her to the candy aisle, which also happens to have cookies. Emma spotted the Oreos, and would have nothing else. So, we bought the package of Oreos and brought them home. Within moments of our return, Emma successfully used the potty, so a reward was warranted. I grabbed the package and opened it, and handed a cookie to Emma, who promptly began cry. (Such is life with Emma!) I asked her what the problem was, and between the sobs she explained that SHE wanted to open the Oreos, SHE wanted to pick her cookie, and SHE wanted to hold the package. In the spirit of this being a reward, I placed her cookie back in the package, had her sit at the table, where I handed her the package to choose her own cookie. Emma, being the world's slowest eater, begins to lick her Oreo. Knowing that the consumption of this Oreo could take a good 20 mins, I headed upstairs and started cleaning our bathroom. About 10 minutes later, I head downstairs to check on the progress of Emma and her Oreo. To my amazement, Emma is holding a practically whole cookie in her hand. Instantly realizing that there is NO way this could be the original cookie, I open the Oreo package...YEP...our "little" angel had eaten 4 whole Oreo cookies. :-) Can we blame her? What would you do if someone sat you down at a table with an opened package of Oreos? :-)

As for the rest of us...Miles is back from Korea! He actually got to come home a couple of days early, which was a GREAT surprise! We are enjoying having him home...for as long as the Navy can spare him! :-( I am frantically working on this year's Easter dresses...because someone moved Easter into March!

We had a great trip down to DC last week. My Aunt Julie and her family were in town, and they let us come down and hang out with them and do the dash down the National Mall! :-) The girls had sooo much fun, that I have Maddie now asking...on almost a daily basis...if we can go to the museums today! I am not sure whether it was the museums she liked, or riding the entire day on Cousin Troy's shoulders! (Thanks again Troy!)

That's about if from here...enjoy the pictures! :-)

4 comments:

Little Mama said...

How funny! I have never noticed that Emma eats any slower than the other nursery kids. I don't know if I could contain myself with an opened bag of Oreos either.

Little Mama said...

Oh, you can check us out at
http://kidcollectors.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! I love your stories and pictures. Hmmm...now I want oreos too. If I come to your house to use the potty, can I have one? Just kidding!

Crystal said...

so...it's okay that i am waiting until ainsley really wants to use the potty. I'm really okay that she doesn't want to. I'm still horrified of potty training.


and, can you eat just one oreo? see, ya can't really blame her.