Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Happity-Haps

Since Tam has been a little out of it this past week. I have decided to make a few changes around here. As you may of noticed I changed the format, included a random game (just in case the content of the blog bores you), and I am now adding a post. I have also instituted the “must have ice cream with every meal rule”. Oddly enough Tam doesn't let me do the grocery shopping on my own. I don't see want is wrong with ensuring we have plenty of cake, cookies, and ice cream. Who knows with a little more time what other changes might occur, but let's not get to crazy. I am just hoping that these changes stick before Tam realizes what is going on.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, this week has been really tough on all of us. It is amazing how quickly you become attached to a baby in the womb. We only knew of it for about 11 days, and we are feeling the loss no differently then if it was one of our other family members. However, everyday the sun rises and then sets, and each day it gets better. If there is one truism about life, is that life must go on. So tomorrow I will be back at work, Tam will be the perfect mother, and Maddie will go back to school.

Yesterday, was a very busy day. A friend of mine from work invited my girls to his 7 years-old daughter's birthday party at JumpZone. This is one of those places with the big blow-up slides and trampolines. I don't know what was more fun watching the girls get really excited and run and jump around on these things, or watching the three million other kids high on sugar and adrenaline. The screaming; ah, yes, I loved the screaming kids. I was reminded how much I love MY OWN KIDS. I lost Madelynn a couple times because I would turn my back to check on Emma, and Madelynn would run off to a new spot. Oh, and did I mentioned that Tam stayed at home to rest, so I was outnumbered.

Then we had a ward activity, a chili cook-off. Members bring their various types of chili to be judged. I have tasted the hottest chili I have ever tasted in my life. If I had any tape worms, I wouldn't anymore. They would have been burnt out of me. I think that chili that hot was created solely on dare. I ate it and cried like a little school girl. Ain't no shame in my game.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Who made the hottest chili? Bro. Schneider said he was soaking chorizo in habanero sauce - so maybe it was him.

Even with life forcing its way back in you let us know if you need anything. We don't have ice cream, cookies or cake (I take that back, Brian's birthday is tomorrow don't forget, cake and ice cream 5:30 at our place, plus we'll have some hot dogs, buns and chips if you'd like to eat with us, that starts at 5 or you can grill your own stuff, either way the grill will be going and we'd love to have you here) but we can help out in other ways.

The Galan Family said...

I was sorry hear about your sad news. I had no idea and feel bad for seeing you Sat. night and not knowing. I hope you are feeling better Tam and that you all are feeling your spirits lifted a little bit. Our thoughts and prayer are with your cute little family.

Crystal said...

If you recall last years cookoff, cheyenne had two pots of chili. One mild and one uber spicy. I'm pretty sure that he did it just to be spiteful. But, it seemed to bring him good luck. ;)

Ainsley and I send our love. We miss you guys!

Shellie said...

Beau would have loved the spicy chili- if he can't taste it anymore and he's crying, then he's happy- go figure. :) Love you guys!

Shellie said...

Beau would have loved the spicy chili- if he can't taste it anymore because his taste buds are numb and he's crying, then he's happy- go figure. :) Love you guys!