Friday, April 18, 2008

An update...

Tuesday morning I began to bleed heavily, and through the course of this week have miscarried.

It has been an incredibly emotional week for all of us. Miles and I have really struggled, and our sweet little Madelynn cried and cried when we told her there would be no baby. She offered us her money from her bank to "buy" back the baby. Emma brought me my pre-natal vitamins, which the girls called, "baby medicine" believing that that would make it all better. How we love our little girls!

We have been greatly blessed by an outpouring of love and support from our friends and family. How grateful we are for each of you and the wonderful examples that you are.

Miles command gave him most of the week off...without charging us any leave, and they sent us a beautiful flower arrangement. There are times when the Navy really comes through for us...and I am glad that one of those times was this week.

We are all relatively well, and I seem to be recovering quickly. We have drawn tremendous strength from our knowledge that all these things are known to our loving Father in Heaven. We know in whom we have placed our trust...all these things are in the Lord's hands, and we are willing to accept His will. We are sad, but we are ok.

4 comments:

The Lee Clan said...

Miles, Tam & girls, You are in our prayers. We are so very sorry! Love you Lots! Jared, Alyssa & girls!

Shellie said...

I'm so sorry, Tam. I miscarried back in November and it was very difficult. When the doctor said that time would heal things he was mostly right- I'm just so grateful that we all have the gospel in our lives to give us comfort and direction at times like these. You're in our thoughts and prayers-we love you guys. Call if you feel like talking. 706-627-2841 Love you!

Lucy said...

Tam,

So sorry to receive the email news. I knew you had been waiting!! I'm thinking of you and your family. It's nice to hear that you had some time with Miles.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

Lucy

Linds said...

I am so sorry Tam. Our thoughts are with you. I am truly impressed with your strength and attitude. You are a great example. Lindsay