Sunday, July 27, 2008

Its all sunshine and roses

This past week has been good. We have had the pleasure of having Tam's mother, father, and sister with us this week. We also had my Sister, her husband, and her daughter here on Saturday. So it has been a great week with the family. Of course we were busy trying to keep everything else going too. I still had to go to work and deal with the fun of the Navy, and Tam isn't any less pregnant (this is a very very good thing).

Tam and I went to her doctor last week, and things are still going well. Her diabetes seems to be doing well, and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Hearing the heartbeat is what makes it real for me. I really enjoy hearing the little whoosh-whoosh at 150 beats-per-minute.

Church was extra fun today. Both our girls decided that they did not want to go to church today. Maddie even tried to malinger, fiegning a fever. She kept on asking Tam to feel her forehead, and coughing a fake cough. However, today was a day where both Mom and I had lessons to teach. Not really a day we could skip. Emma made it difficult to get out the door, and Maddie had a half-hour long temper-tantrum once we got to church. I missed over half of the Sacrament meeting. Because I was either out in the car, foyer, or hallway with a screaming Maddie. She finally calmed down enough for us to attend the end of sacrament meeting. However, she would not go to primary. That is until she realized how boring Mom's and Dad's classes were. Then she decided she wanted to go to primary, and apparently (according to her primary teachers) was very good. Sometimes I just don't understand my children. But I love them!!!!!

No comments: