Monday, January 14, 2008

BIG sick...

A.K.A. Pneumonia!

Yep! That sickness that I thought I was recovering from, came back with a vengeance, and turned out to be pneumonia. What fun we have had the last 5 days! :-{ Miles took 4 days of leave, and has been husband/father of the year picking up ALL of the slack, as I have been able to do ABSOLUTELY nothing. At one point I found myself unable to muster the strength to open a bottle of Sprite...HOWEVER, I believe that I have overcome the worst of it, and look forward to clearing out my lungs over the next couple of weeks. Fortunately, both of the girls and Miles have been spared...keeping our fingers crossed.

I don't have time to get into ALL of the priceless gems over the last week...however, this time I did at least make a list, so I can eventually get to them all. I wanted to offer a wee teaser, that will hopefully make you smile and keep you coming back for more...

A couple of nights ago we are seated at the table enjoying some chocolate chip cookies. Madelynn, ever our giver, takes one of her two cookies, breaks it into four semi-equal pieces, and proceeds to give each of us a piece of her cookie. Of course, both Miles and I rained praises on her for sharing, and in turn shared a large piece of our cookies with her. I looked over at Emma who was enjoying her cookie gift, and I asked, "Emma, would you like to share some of your cookie with Maddie, since she shared with you?" Emma says, "Sure" and proceeds to break off the tiniest crumb from the piece of cookie that Maddie originally gave her and hand the microscopic offering to her sister...SIGH! Technically sharing, may have to work of the SPIRIT of sharing! :-)

Honestly, soo much more...I'll be back I promise!

No comments: