Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Can you have too much fun?

NOPE! Not in this house! :-)

We have spent the last two days filling the hours with one game after another. Our girls have reached such a great, magical age...they are finally able to actually play games. We have played everything from Candy Land, to hide and seek, to "duck, duck, goose", to "Go Fish", to several games completely invented by our Maddie. I'd go into detail...however, we may market some of these, and we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise! :-) Truly, Miles and I have had such a wonderful time laughing and playing with our girls!

Yesterday afternoon we sat down at the table to have our "party" for New Year's Eve. (In one of my more clever "mom" moments...I thought it might be best to fill them with sugar EARLY) Anyway, we sat before this marvelous spread of fudge, and peanut butter bars, and chips and cheese, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate for dipping a bowlful of strawberries...you get the picture. Before I had reached across the table to start filling plates, Emma had grabbed at least 3 pieces of fudge and crammed them in her mouth. :-) We immediately moved the fudge AWAY from Emma. Maddie, very excited about the chocolate dipped strawberries, was anxiously waiting for Mom to get her plate filled. After eating all of her chocolate dipped strawberries, she turns to me with a piece of fudge in hand, and asks if she can dip that in chocolate. I pointed out that fudge was already chocolate...she looked a little puzzled, then took a small bite from the corner...and with a completely stunned look cries out..."It IS chocolate, Mom" Apparently a love of chocolate is genetic? After stuffing ourselves, we settled into the rest of our crazy party evening....involving a bath for the girls, FHE, and a movie. About 30 minutes into the movie, Emma announces that she is tired, and heads to bed...it was 6:30pm! :-) That was our New Year's Eve...

Interestingly, when I asked Emma what she wanted for lunch today, she replied, "I want a party again" :-)

Today, the girls were "helping" us sort laundry. Maddie was on one side of a pile, and Miles asked her if she had any white clothes. He reply, "Go fish!" Are you laughing? We sure did!

There were sooo many beautiful moments with our girls over the last two days, that I am afraid if I were to share them all, none of us could get on with our lives! However, I wanted to share with you a brief video of a new game...invented by Dad. Santa brought us the game "Elefun" back in 2006. It is a favorite with our girls. So, of course, with yesterday's game frenzy, "Elefun" was selected. We pulled it down, only to discover that the batteries were on their last leg...not enough juice to push the small "butterflies" up the tube...so, Dad gets the girls to stick their faces over the fan...minus the tube, and blows "butterflies" into their faces. THEY LOVED IT! (Sidenote: this morning I was upstairs in the office, when Emma approached me with the following, "Mom, we need to go to the commissary and get the batteries, ok? Because the commissary has the batteries. So, we need to go to the commissary and get the batteries." I replied, "Batteries for what?" Exasperated and throwing her hands in the air, "For the Elefun, Mom" Then in classic Mom mode, I reply, "OK...I'll put it on my list so I will remember the next time I go to the commissary." Emma replies, "OK, and then we can ALL go to the commissary with you to get the batteries." This same conversation was repeated SEVERAL time today. Finally this evening, she adds the following, "Mom, we need to get the bunny batteries, ok?" Anyone question whether marketing targets kids?)

So enjoy the video...we love you all!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

So cute! All of you sound like you're having fun! Thanks for sharing. :)