Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Like Me!

So...here is another GREAT moment brought to us by Emma...

Several nights ago we were in the midst of family scripture time. As OFTEN happens the attention span of our little Thing 1 (Maddie) and Thing 2 (Emma) was wearing thin. Miles had pulled Emma into his lap, to try and help her to "focus" but we were losing Maddie quickly. As we were reading the part of 1 Nephi where the angel comes to chastise Laman and Lemuel for beating up Nephi and Sam...I had a flash of inspiration to read the angel's words in a LOUD, BOOMING voice. (Yep, doing voices while reading the scriptures...think I could get in trouble for that?) As I am BOOMING the words of the angel, Emma looks up at her father, shaking her head back and forth and says to her father, "I have a silly Mommy" to which her father-ever my champion-says, "Yes, yes - you do." However, not to be discouraged...because I had everyone's attention now...I proceeded to read the verse containing Laman and Lemuel's response to this angelic visitation in the best whiny voice I possibly could. As I finished, I commented on how Laman and Lemuel were BIG whiners. Emma's face lit up, and she exclaimed, "Like ME!" This leaves Miles and I to ponder whether or not Emma is understanding that when we tell she is a whiner...that is a BAD thing! Something to work on! :-)

As you can tell, I managed to survive day 1...

However, today is poised to completely do me in. Maddie has an appointment up in Baltimore this afternoon at Kennedy Krieger. That means that Emma will miss her nap, and we are guaranteed to be in the midst of rush hour on the way home...all the ingredients for a fine, fine day! :-)

I need to go and get the girls fed, and ready to go...keep coming back for more! We love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Lucy said...

Tam, you are cracking me up!! Were you an English Teacher perhaps?? hope your day wasn't as bad as predicted!! BTW, I need your email!! I think you changed yours, it keeps getting kicked back!! So if you have my old one send me a quick hello!!

Bastianclan said...

Tam, it's so fun to read your blog. We too have had to do some creative scripture reading. If you read my blog brooklyn's favorite stuffed animal of the night has to read a vrs. We all know they can read. Giggles hey whatever makes it fun. Keep up the good work. Miss you guys.
Tina