Monday, January 21, 2008

The Twilight Zone...

A couple of nights ago, our little family had a unique experience...

I had made for dinner a homemade pizza. I had, in consideration of my small ones, made 1/2 cheese only. I had also, to appease my Mommy guilt, made green beans to serve alongside our pizza. As I prepared the plates for our little angels, I noted the portion sizes I was serving them...they each had maybe 4 small pieces of green bean...and 1 rather large piece of pizza. We all know that children LOVE pizza, and have not so wonderful feelings towards all things green...at least our children do! I placed the plates in front of the girls, and then it happened....

Madelynn quickly devoured her green beans, and flatly refused to eat her pizza. Did you want a minute to read that again...make sure you read it right! In our house, the rule is you have to eat your dinner, or you sit at the table until clean up time...what a show our Maddie put on in the 45 minutes she sat at the table. She went on and on about how she doesn't like cheese, she doesn't like bread...she would put pieces in her mouth, and gag and gag and gag and gag. Honestly, she could easily snatch up an Oscar for her performance! (I might add that at dinner this evening she inhaled a piece of "cheesy bread"-which is basically garlic bread with a little bit of cheddar cheese on top-note: BOTH bread and cheese!)

That night, as Miles and I reflected on the moment, certain that we had slipped into the Twilight Zone...to a place where children LOVE the healthy food, and shun the fattening food...we wondered if maybe we'd fought the wrong battle :-)

Love you all!

2 comments:

Chris De La Loza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love this stuff. I literally laugh out loud when I read these stories. Thanks for sharing again. I miss you all.