- Princess "Lucy" a.k.a. Princess Leia...for reasons only known to Emma, who INSISTS on calling Princess Leia, Princess Lucy
- P-O-P-O a.k.a. C3PO
- R-D-D-2 a.k.a. R2-D2
- "the bluckie guy with the buttons on his clothes" a.k.a. Darth Vader
- "the blue bluckie guy" a.k.a. The Emperor
- "the red bluckie guy" a.k.a. Darth Maul...who has won a special place in our girls hearts. In fact, when asked which Star Wars movie they want to watch...it is almost always the one with the "red bluckie guy". I have on occasion, when in a hurry, been able to appease them by simply skipping to the final fight scene...which is apparently their favorite "red bluckie guy" scene! :-)
- "walkies" a.k.a. Ewoks
- "the blue flying guy" a.k.a. Jango Fett...of course Boba is the "the green flying guy"
- "the green monster" a.k.a Jaba the Hutt
- "the brown monster" a.k.a. the Rancor
I, personally, am enjoying the fact that their imaginative play repertoire has expanded from "princess" to light saber fights and using the "force" on each other (they will actually occasionally stop swinging their imaginary light sabers at each other, and put their hands out in front of them, and render an excellent "I-am-using-the-force-on-you" pose!)
The other night, as we were sitting at the dinner table, out of the clear blue sky, Maddie picks up her imaginary "blaster" and lets off three quick shots...then turns to us and explains, "Bad guys". Being the excellent mother I am :-) I determined to nip this in the bud by announcing that there would be NO shooting of bad guys at the dinner table, and I was putting a force field around the table to protect us while we ate (anyone see what is coming?) I pushed my imaginary control buttons on the table, and settled back to finish dinner, when Maddie exclaims, in horror, "Mom, there is a door in the force field" How do you argue with that?
Lest you think the force field made no impression...a day later, Miles was in the kitchen doing dishes (he IS the perfect husband!) and Maddie come running in, "Daddy, monsters are coming". Miles, the perfect husband, says "Not now. Daddy is doing dishes, we'll get the monsters when I am finished" At which point Maddie turns around, pushes several imaginary buttons and activates a force field around Daddy to protect him until he is finished...and because you never know...she then stood guard just in case!
So...from our star system to yours...May the Force be with You! :-)